Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ideal Female Beauty, does this Artist Nail it?

Is it just me, or does the painter William Adolphe Bouguereau capture the feminine physical beauty ideal perfectly (as opposed to our modern American, rail-thin runway model ideal)? Obviously it's not the actually ';idea;'; as there is so much matter of opinion and taste involved, I'm just curious to see how many agree with me.





In my opinion, from skin complexion and tone to proportion and curves, he just hits it so well on the build for which a women should strive. The only variation I like is a slightly larger bust then he portrays (I know, typical shallow guy).





If you don't know the look of which I speak, just image search the artist's name and any one of his better known paintings like his version of ';The Birth of Venus,'; or ';Nymphes et Satyre,'; or ';Biblis,'; or ';Lost Pleiad,'; and my favorite, Femme Au Couquillage.'; You'll see what I mean. Physical beauty isn't everything, and certainly not the most important, but man I think this painter hits it. (And yes, I appreciate his great art for other things too, lol).Ideal Female Beauty, does this Artist Nail it?
If that was what was ';beautiful';, us girls wouldn't feel bad about our bodies. But sadly weighing 80 pounds and being 5'8 is what is beautiful, and chances of that changing soon aren't too high... *sigh*Ideal Female Beauty, does this Artist Nail it?
I don't know about it being 'ideal' beauty, but I do think that he captures women 'naturally' . I think that the figures he paints depict women in the most evolutionarily desirable way.

No comments:

Post a Comment