Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Are you supposed to tip the owner of the nail or beauty salon if they are the one who performs the service.?

Well, I am an owner of a salon and let me tell you. Generally most of my clients that have been with me before i owned my salon still tip me but I if I don not get a tip that is alright. The thought is that since I make all the money that i make (I do not take any percentage less than 100%) that I really do not need it. so in a nut shell, if you want to you can but you are not obligated to do so. and no the owner will not get mad at you.Are you supposed to tip the owner of the nail or beauty salon if they are the one who performs the service.?
Yes, unless you are stingy in which case you shouldn't expect any kind of service.Are you supposed to tip the owner of the nail or beauty salon if they are the one who performs the service.?
No. Never tip the owner.
Technically you are never supposed to tip the proprietor. So shop owners need not be tipped. But I do anyway, its just a kind gesture.
YES!
Depends on the country. In France tipping has a very different connotation than in the U.S. and I always tipped the owner (mind you, that French tips are much-much smaller than in the U.S.)
I would. You're supposed to tip based on the service, not whether the person is an owner.
You should tip anyone who performs a service. You would tip your waiter at a restaurant even if he was the manager or franchisee, wouldn't you? I'd hope so.





Just because they're the owner doesn't mean the money you pay for that service is going in their pocket. In this profession, a tip is expected and deserved, no matter what the person's rank in the company is.
I would tip who ever did them. Everyone deserves a tip for a job well done. It's a tedious job to do nails. It's worth a tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment